Efficient, Affordable Ribosomal RNA Depletion for Any Species
Detection of scientifically relevant RNAs by Next-Generation RNA Sequencing (RNA-Seq) is greatly limited by highly abundant ribosomal RNAs (rRNAs) which occupy > 90% RNA-Seq reads. Current rRNA depletion solutions however are often costly and limited to well-studied species.
Ribosomal RNA depletion pools (riboPOOLs) by siTOOLs Biotech is the market's most flexible solution in rRNA depletion. With a diverse selection of Ready-Made riboPOOLs and the ability to create your own Custom riboPOOL, riboPOOLs are ideal for sequencing experts with custom demands and scientists working on rare species.
Composed of high complexity pools of optimally-designed biotinylated DNA probes, riboPOOLs are highly efficient, even outperforming Ribo-Zero (Illumina), depleting ~10% more rRNA while leaving other RNA intact.
For microbiologists, the new Pan-Prokaryote riboPOOL provides universal rRNA depletion for a wide spectrum of microbes and is suited for metagenomic or microbiome samples. Combination riboPOOLs are also available to deplete rRNAs from samples containing multiple species.
riboPOOLs are HPLC-purified and shipped freeze-dried at room temperature.
Ready-made riboPOOLs are available for diverse species. See full species list +
riboPOOLs for Eukaryotes
- Homo sapien (human)
- Mus musculus/Rattus norvegicus (mouse/rat)
- Drosophila melanogaster (fruitfly)
- Arabidopsis thaliana (plant)
- Danio rerio (zebrafish)
- Sacchromyces cerevisiae (yeast)
- Pichia pastoris (yeast)
- Bombyx morii (silkworm)
- Ustilago maydis (fungus)
- Amphimedon queenslandica (sponge)
- Schmidtea mediterranea (planaria)
- Plautia stali (brown winged green bug)
- Chinchilla Laginera (rodent)
- Oryza sativa (rice)
- Loripes orbiculatus + Lucinoma aequizonata (clams)
riboPOOLs for Prokaryotes
- Pan-Prokaryote (Universal Microbe)
- Pan-Prokaryote v2 (Universal Microbe)
- Escherichia coli
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Bacillus subtilis
- Salmonella enterica
- Stenotrophomonas sp.
- Caulobacter crescentus
- Haloferax volcanii
riboPOOLs for Abundant RNA
For new species, a Custom riboPOOL
can be made with a one-time custom riboPOOL setup service.
For increased flexibility, riboPOOLs may be combined in custom ratios to form a Combination riboPOOL
that can be used for samples containing or across multiple species. See riboPOOL Application Note
under Downloads for performance data.
riboPOOLs can be obtained by Quick Order
, Quote Request
or through your local distributor
Available riboPOOL formats:
- All reagents up to library preparation included
- Manual provided
- Reaction sizes: 12, 24, 96
A 6 reaction trial kit is available for first-time purchase, please contact us for a quote.
- Only riboPOOL probes and nuclease-free water provided
- Protocol downloadable
- Reaction sizes: 20 (2 nmol), 50 (5 nmol), 100 (10 nmol)